UPDATE: July 1st
Following the July 1st mandate from the state of Pennsylvania, members must wear a face-covering in all common areas including the lobby, locker rooms, and hallways. We will assume that failure to wear a mask is due to an existing condition.
Masks are highly recommended in our fitness center, our indoor pool, the gym, and on our indoor tennis courts.
Thank you for your cooperation.
UPDATE: June 23rd
ON JUNE 26th we will resume normal operating hours.
Highlighted below are some of our guidelines and procedures to help keep you safe.
• The entire facility, including furniture, equipment, and amenities, has been treated with MicroShield 360™. MicroShield 360™ is a unique coating system that not only kills but prevents algae, mold, bacteria, and viruses from living on treated surfaces. For more information about MicroShield 360™, click here.
• All employees will complete a health assessment daily.
• All employees will wear a mask and additional PPE when necessary.
• Cleaning schedules in all areas including equipment will increase.
Member Information and Responsibilities:
• For touchless entry, please remember to bring your membership card!
• Membership fees will resume on July 1st.
• Before visiting, please self-assess. If you’ve been sick, have symptoms or have been exposed to someone with symptoms, please stay home.
• We highly recommend wearing a mask when entering, exiting, and in all common areas throughout our facilities. While in the aquatic center, outdoor pools, fitness center, gymnasium, and tennis courts, you may be mask free.
• Maintain social distance; respect the personal space of other members. Specific rooms within the Fitness Center have occupancy limits to allow for social distancing. Please be mindful and courteous.
• Extra hand sanitizers and wipes have been placed throughout the facility; please use them when entering and exiting the building.
• Please wash your hands before and after exercising.
• Please clean the equipment thoroughly after each use.
• Please bring your own water. There will be no-touch water fill stations. Vending drinks are available.
Changes to Operations:
• For Pool hours, please click here.
• For Aquatic GroupX classes at Hempfield recCenter and East Pete., please click here.
• For Fitness Center GroupX classes, please click here.
• Until further notice, showers, lockers, the steam room, and sauna will be unavailable.
• The Fitness Center layout and equipment availability has been modified to maintain social distancing.
• Cardio equipment has a 30-minute time limit while others are waiting.
• Group exercise classes will be limited in size and frequency. First come, first served.
• BODYPUMP™ classes will require tickets that can be picked up at the front desk no earlier than ½ hour prior to the start of the session.
• Tennis will resume normal operations.
• Court Appeal hours will be 4:00 pm–8:00 pm Mon.–Thur., Sat. 9:00 am–1:00 pm.
• Modified Kids’ Corner hours and services. Click here for details.
• Our Gymnasium and the outdoor basketball courts will be closed Mon.–Fri. 8:00 am–5:00 pm to accommodate our Day Camp children and follow CDC guidelines.
• No guests until further notice.
Thank you for your unwavering support and for your patience during this challenging time. Please email me with any questions or concerns. I look forward to seeing you at the recCenter!
• Summer Sports Camps and Clinics – Detailed information along with a detailed list of restrictions and protocols can be found here.
If you need to contact staff, I have included the following information.
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs and Sports Leagues: email@example.com
Facility Rentals: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Manager: email@example.com
Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
What does it mean to be a member of Hempfield recCenter?
DISCOVER Our goal is to enhance the lives of our community through fitness, wellness, and enrichment programs. Our high-quality programs and inviting social atmosphere are designed to get you motivated, fit, and involved.
CONNECT Each and every one of our programs is offered to the local Hempfield community as well as Lancaster County residents and beyond. No matter your address, the recCenter can connect you to wellness services, activities, and like-minded individuals to enrich your life.
BELONG Membership means more than access to fitness equipment. It means being part of a community excited about wellness and getting to know you. At the recCenter, you don’t just go here, you belong here.
A Nonprofit, Community-Based Center
We are a nonprofit organization committed to providing positive, fun experiences and value through a variety of relevant wellness programs and events inclusive to all members of the community.
Our programs are offered to Hempfield School District residents and non-residents, Hempfield recCenter members and non-members.
Here’s just a small sample of what you’ll find at Hempfield recCenter:
Hempfield recCenter is here to serve the community. We make every effort to provide financial assistance to eligible seniors, children and families in our area. Through generous donations, we can continue to open our doors to everyone. Help us help others! Learn more.