Prevention Health Screenings ages 18+
Prevention Health Screenings (PHS), a mobile health-screening group, will be providing screenings at the Hempfield recCenter on Tuesday, January 29 from 10:00 am–6:00pm. Go beyond your annual check-up. Don’t let heart disease and stroke get in the way of the life you love. A physician cannot typically order a diagnostic ultrasound scan for you unless you have visible symptoms of heart disease. However, painless, non-invasive screenings can save your life!
All Prevention Health Screening procedures use state-of-the-art ultrasound and EKG equipment that is found in most hospitals. Screenings are performed by experienced vascular technologists who are registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers. Then a board-certified vascular physician from The Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL) reviews and confirms all vascular screenings before the confidential report is mailed to you in 10–14 days. The ICAVL accreditation ensures that you will receive the highest level of testing from your evaluation.
The six quick, painless, noninvasive health tests that will be performed include:
• Carotid Artery Screening that uses ultrasound to look for plaque buildup in the arteries of your neck
• Ultrasound Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysms
• Peripheral Artery Screening that checks the arteries in the legs for poor circulation
• Thyroid Screening
• A Non-invasive EKG that detects abnormal heart rhythms
• A Heart Disease Risk Screening that uses ultrasound
Preregistration is required, as you must schedule an appointment time. To register, call 717-898-3102
Jan 29 Tu 10:00 am–6:00 pm