YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
Hempfield recCenter Member Update – Dec 31, 2020
The moment we’ve been waiting for (again!): I am beyond thrilled to announce, we are clear to reopen our facility at 5:00 am on Monday, January 4th, and we cannot wait to see you! Before and during the most recent closure, we’ve been working hard to bring you the best fitness center experience possible with a plethora of NEW 2021 programs. After 2020 we deserve it!
And since we are not completely out of the COVID woods, all of our safety protocols are still in effect, including wearing masks while in the facility.
I want to thank you again for your kind support and patience. It is a pleasure serving our generous community.
With best wishes for a healthy, happy New Year.
As our commitment to you:
* Current active memberships: Your membership fees are waived through January 31. Your first billing will take place on February 1, 2021.
* Memberships that were placed on hold before closure will remain on hold until March 31. If you would like to reactivate your membership before March 31, please call 717-898-3102.
Please call 717-898-3102 or email us at email@example.com if you need further assistance and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
I am thankful for those who are using a mask in our building in response to the recent state-ordered mask mandate. I understand this is a controversial subject, however, I am asking everyone to join in this fight. As challenging as it is, it is vital to act now in order to keep our doors open and to keep our community healthy over the holidays and beyond.
With gratitude, I wish you and your loved ones a safe and joyful Thanksgiving.
Jeffrey A. Book
NOVEMBER 19 UPDATE
On Tuesday, Nov. 17th, the PA Dept. of Health issued a mandate requiring a mask to be worn while using indoor facilities, exercising, and participating in our programs and activities. I understand the challenges this may cause. However, to keep everyone safe, I am asking for your cooperation. From the day we opened our doors, we have stressed the importance of keeping our members, guests, participants, and staff safe. The recent spread of the virus presents an increased challenge. To provide the safest environment possible, we feel it is vital for us to adhere to this order. Joining together as a community will help decrease the spread and allow our organization to keep our facility open—returning to normal operations as soon as possible.
Beginning Friday, Nov. 20th, we will require a mask in all areas of our facility—inside and out. The exceptions are when in the water at the Aquatic Center, showering, and if a medical condition or extreme exertion creates an unsafe situation as outlined in Section 3 of the 11/17 order. Please consider the variety of face coverings available and which options might best suit your level of activity.
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this pandemic. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust our policies accordingly. Please understand that the protocols in place are for our members, participants, and staff’s safety. Please help us keep the Hempfield recCenter safe and open for everyone’s wellbeing.
With respect and gratitude,
Jeffrey A. Book
Highlighted are the guidelines and procedures we have put into practice to help keep you safe.
- The entire facility, including furniture, equipment, and amenities, has been treated with MicroShield 360™. MicroShield 360™ is a unique coating system that not only kills but prevents algae, mold, bacteria, and viruses from living on treated surfaces. For more information about MicroShield 360™, click here.
- The facility layout and equipment has been modified to maintain social distancing.
- Specific rooms have occupancy limits to allow for social distancing.
- Cleaning schedules in all areas including equipment have increased including new fogging equipment.
- Extra hand sanitizers and wipes have been placed throughout the facility.
- Equipment is being cleaned after each use.
- There are no-touch water fill stations.
- Employees and members complete a self-health assessment daily.
- Employees are wearing masks.
Member Information and Responsibilities:
• Before visiting, self-assess. Please stay home if you are ill or have been close to a COVID+ person.
• As of 11/20/2020 masks are required (see 11/19 update above).
• Maintain a safe distance; respect the personal space of others.
• Please wash your hands before and after exercising.
• Please clean the equipment thoroughly after each use.
• Please bring your own water. There will be no-touch water fill stations. Vending drinks are available.
• Group exercise classes are limited in size and frequency. First come, first served.
• Modified Kids’ Corner hours and services. Click here for details.
Guests are welcome and we will honor daily passes and punch cards.
Nonmember $10 guest fees apply, regardless of age.
Programs and Specialty Classes:
Guests and nonmembers have access to the facility during the class or program in which they are enrolled.
“I wanted to let you know that the East Petersburg pool has been taking the COVID protocols seriously. As a person that is a high risk, the one exercise that I can do safely is swimming. I was very nervous to return to the pool. I was pleasantly surprised that not only is their adequate signage; they are wearing masks and cleaning even more than is recommended by the C.D.C. I am also aware that other public pools are not abiding by safety protocols and I’m appreciative of the care and concern that has been demonstrated. Mindy has been paramount to the success of these protocols and exhibits strong leadership skills in a very divisive environment.
Thank you and your team for providing a safe environment for exercising.”
Pamela Peters – July 2020
Jessica Testimonial (click to view)
Jimmy Testimonial (click to view)
The filming of our testimonials took place in private studios without people and social distancing.
What does it mean to be a member of Hempfield recCenter?
DISCOVER Our goal is to enhance the lives of our community through fitness, wellness, and enrichment programs. Our high-quality programs and inviting social atmosphere are designed to get you motivated, fit, and involved.
CONNECT Each and every one of our programs is offered to the local Hempfield community as well as Lancaster County residents and beyond. No matter your address, the recCenter can connect you to wellness services, activities, and like-minded individuals to enrich your life.
BELONG Membership means more than access to fitness equipment. It means being part of a community excited about wellness and getting to know you. At the recCenter, you don’t just go here, you belong here.
A Nonprofit, Community-Based Center
We are a nonprofit organization committed to providing positive, fun experiences and value through a variety of relevant wellness programs and events inclusive to all members of the community.
Our programs are offered to Hempfield School District residents and non-residents, Hempfield recCenter members and non-members.
Here’s just a small sample of what you’ll find at Hempfield recCenter:
Hempfield recCenter is here to serve the community. We make every effort to provide financial assistance to eligible seniors, children and families in our area. Through generous donations, we can continue to open our doors to everyone. Help us help others! Learn more.