- The Hempfield recCenter indoor pool is 25 meters with six lanes and depths ranging from three—12 feet. Diving is only allowed in designated deep water.
- The Hempfield recCenter indoor pool is heated and maintained at 84 degrees, with the air temperature at 86 degrees.
- At Hempfield recCenter, two lanes are available for lap swimming during most open hours for patrons 16 years of age and older. Additional lanes are available at specific times. Please check posted pool schedule for times.
- Hempfield recCenter pool parties may be scheduled during family swim times and on weekends. Two lanes will be available for lap swimming during this time. At East Petersburg outdoor pool, small parties can be held during most open hours.
- Hempfield recCenter outdoor area includes a wading pool for ages 5 and under and water feature pool with zero depth to two feet. Parents must obtain consent from pool management for any child who is older than 12 before they are allowed to play in the feature pool. East Petersburg pool has a separate wading pool (parents must be poolside when children are using this pool). No children 12 and over will be permitted to use the East Petersburg wading pool.
- The East Petersburg outdoor pool is L-shaped with the deep end being the bottom of the L. It is 25 meters long with two diving boards.
- If the average air and water temperature does not equal 70 degrees or above, outdoor pools will be closed at both sites.
- Hempfield recCenter requires all members to bring their own towels.
Pool Policies & Procedures
Members must enter the pool through Hempfield recCenter front door, or outdoor entrance during the summer. Use the Main entrance at East Petersburg outdoor pool.
- Members must present their membership card when entering either facility. Pool membership cards are non-transferable. Falsification of membership will not be permitted by guests or non-members and may result in the termination of membership of sponsoring member or further action.
- Guests must be accompanied by an adult pool member and should register at the front desk/gate or East Petersburg office prior to entering the pool area. All guests must abide by the pool rules and regulations and are the responsibility of the pool member. Pool members must remain with their guest for the duration of the visit.
- Guest Fees are as follows:
- $10.00 for guests four years of age and older
- Limit of four guests per family membership
- Guests who are three years old or younger may use the pool facilities free of charge, but must be accompanied and supervised by parent/guardian/caregiver at all times.
- Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at both sites.
- Children of any age who cannot swim for 25 meters with their face in the water in a strong manner, or who need any type of floatation device must be accompanied by an adult in the water at all times. Swim tests will be conducted by lifeguards at both sites and results will be recorded for future reference. If your child chooses not to take the swim test, a parent must be in the water with them at all times and the child must be within arm’s reach.
- Lifeguards are on duty to promote a safe environment. They are NOT babysitters, nor is their presence a guarantee that an accident will not occur.
- All accidents should be reported immediately to the lifeguard or pool manager.
- Lost & Found is located near the pool restrooms. Misplaced items will be kept for one month, then donated to a charity.
- Costs for damage to Hempfield recCEnter or East Petersburg pool property will be billed to the responsible member.
- Hempfield recCenter is not responsible for any accident, injury, theft, loss or damage to personal property while on the premises of Hempfield recCenter or East Petersburg Swimming pools.
- All private or public swimming lessons are to be coordinated by Hempfield recCenter or East Petersburg aquatic offices.
- The pools may be closed at the discretion of the management.
- Hempfield recCenter reserves the right to change any policies, rules, and/or regulations as deemed appropriate by the management.
Pool Rules & Regulations
Please observe the following Rules & Regulations when using Hempfield recCenter or East Petersburg pool facilities. Keep in mind that these rules may be changed or amended at any time at the discretion of the pool management. Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Guard staff is not responsible for the supervision of children. Children of any age who cannot swim for 25 meters (one length of the pool) with their face in the water in a strong manner, or who need any type of floatation device must be accompanied by an adult in the water within arm‘s reach. A swim test may be given by any lifeguard and your child’s name recorded for future reference. If your child decides not to take the test you must be in the water with them.
- All members and guests use the pool facilities at their own risk.
- NO SWIMMING unless there is a lifeguard on duty.
- Running on the pool deck is strictly prohibited.
- NO talking with the lifeguard on duty unless their assistance is needed.
- Diving is restricted to East Pete diving well or the designated deep water. Please notice the “No Diving” markers on the pool decks. If in doubt about where diving is allowed, please check with the lifeguard. YOU MUST PASS THE SWIMMERS’ TEST TO USE DIVING BOARDS.
- Horseplay, rough-housing, profane or abusive language, digging, or playing in the sand volleyball court is prohibited.
- Proper swim attire is required (no thongs or cut-off shorts).
- Glass products and cooking devices are not permitted within the pool areas.
- Starting blocks may be used only during scheduled practices or during competition while under direct supervision.
- Throwing of stones, sharp objects, or sand is prohibited. No playing in the sand volleyball court.
- Diapers are not permitted in either pool facility. Infants and toddlers MUST wear a “swim diaper.”
- No prolonged breath holding.
- Rafts are allowed in the water when facilities are crowded.
- Exercise equipment is intended to be used only for adult exercise purposes. Children may not use this equipment.
- Lap lanes are designated for continuous forward motion swimming for exercise purposes. If you are incapable of swimming in a continuous forward motion, do not use the lap lanes.
- Lap swimmers may use kickboards, hand paddles, etc., but only for their intended purpose.
- Pool management has the authority to suspend the use of any equipment if it deems it is being used improperly or is considered to be creating a disruptive or dangerous situation. Children wearing any type of flotation device must be accompanied at all times by an adult parent or guardian. Children must be within arm’s reach at all times.
- NO ALCOHOL, ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES, SMOKING, OR FOUL LANGUAGE WILL BE PERMITTED AT EITHER FACILITY.
- Only authorized personnel are permitted in the pool office, snack bar, and guard shack.
- Only authorized personnel are permitted on the lifeguard stands.